close search ×

What Happens if I am Charged With Endangering the Welfare of a Child in New York?

If you have children, care for children, or otherwise deal with children, the last thing you would want is to put them in harm’s way. However, if you are currently facing child endangerment charges, you must retain experienced legal counsel so you can continue to walk as a free person. Please read on and reach out to our knowledgeable criminal defense attorney to learn more about child endangerment charges and how we can help you fight them. Here are some of the questions you may have regarding the legal process going forward:

Are there different types of child endangerment charges?

In New York, there are different levels of child endangerment that an individual can be charged with. The first charge you may face for child endangerment is a Class A Misdemeanor, which you may receive for endangering the welfare of a child, unlawfully dealing with a child in the first degree, non-support of a child in the first degree, or misrepresentation by a child daycare provider. You may earn a Class B Misdemeanor for unlawfully dealing with a child in the second degree, and a Class E Felony if you are charged with the abandonment or non-support of a child in the first degree.

Rather obviously, these are all extremely serious charges, and if you are convicted, you will have a criminal record that can follow you for the rest of your life. If you believe you are being wrongly accused of child endangerment, it is of paramount importance that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as you can. Our firm has been helping individuals just like you for years, which is why we believe we have what it takes to effectively take on your case and keep you free from jail.

Can a child endangerment charge be escalated?

If you are caught committing an additional crime while you are endangering the welfare of a child, you will most likely receive a compound sentencing. One of the best examples of this can include driving under the influence with a minor in the car. If you are caught, you will most likely face very severe penalties. Do not let this happen. If you need a criminal defense attorney who is ready to fight on your behalf, look no further–all you have to do is ask.

Contact our experienced Rockland County firm

Kevin T. Conway has over 30 years of experience as a Spring Valley criminal attorney handling DUI, DWI, traffic violations, violent crimes, sex crimes, illegal gun possession, shoplifting, and juvenile crimes. Attorney Conway is also experienced in commercial law matters, zoning law, and estate planning. If you need a Rockland County criminal lawyer, contact our Spring Valley office for a free consultation.

Our Recent Blogs
Read More Blogs
Website Designed & Managed by