close search ×

Do I Have to Appear in a Rockland County Court for a Speeding Ticket?

Generally speaking, in New York State, if you’re charged with a speeding ticket, you have to personally appear to answer the summons. However, many courts will permit a criminal defense attorney to have the client execute a wavering authorization if they reside out of state, if they otherwise have an inability to appear, or if they’re attending college out of state. In-state, the client can execute a wavering authorization to allow the criminal defense attorney to negotiate and resolve the case without them physically having to be present.

The Law Office of Kevin T. Conway is a Spring Valley law firm that focuses its attention to criminal matters. For over 20 years, we have handled countless cases of DUI, DWI, traffic violations, violent crimes, sex crimes, illegal gun possession, shoplifting, and juvenile crimes. If you need a Rockland County criminal lawyer, contact our Spring Valley office for a free consultation.  

Our Recent Blogs
Read More Blogs
Website Designed & Managed by