Skip to content
- The law was recently amended for weapons that contain a certain amount of bullets with an extended cartridge holder.
- A magazine that can hold over the legal amount of bullets can subject you to a felony status of possession of an assault weapon.
- The definition of an assault weapon has been broadened.
- People that purchased an assault weapon before the law went into effect could have grandfather status with that weapon.
- In order to see the grandfather status, they have to consult with and contact their local state police barracks and fill out a waiver and paperwork that registers the weapon with the state.