close search ×

The Police Want to Speak With My Rockland County Juvenile Child, Should I Let Them?

Many parents are faced with the worst type of scenario when the police call and advise you that they want to speak with your minor son or daughter. It’s very important that the parents contact an attorney immediately because the police are under no obligation to tell you what they’re investigating, why they are investigating, or if they’re seeking to charge your son or daughter with a crime. They’re not required to tell you that.

That’s why it’s imperative that you contact a criminal defense attorney who will act as your intermediary, speak to the police to determine what their intentions are and whether or not it’s in your son’s or daughter’s best interest to speak with them. The worst type of evidence that you can provide in a case against you is your own words, which will be interpreted as an admission.

It’s critically important not to have your son or daughter speak to the police until after you’ve spoken to a criminal defense attorney and they’ve given you recommendations.
Kevin T. Conway has over 30 years of experience as a Spring Valley criminal attorney handling DUI, DWI, traffic violations, violent crimes, sex crimes, illegal gun possession, shoplifting, and juvenile crimes. If you need a Rockland County criminal lawyer, contact our Spring Valley office for a free consultation.  

Our Recent Blogs
Read More Blogs
Website Designed & Managed by