close search ×

CPS Has Called. What Should I Do?

In many instances, you can be contacted by either the police department or CPS, which stands for child protective service. Each county has a child protective service agency that investigates allegations of abuse or neglect that may come from first reporters, including schools staff, doctors, and hospital staff. It could also be a neighbor.

Before you respond to a CPS or a police inquiry, it’s very important that you contact a criminal attorney immediately. Whether or not you committed an offense, the information can be misinterpreted or misunderstood and treated as an admission of guilt. Similar to a police officer that can charge you, CPS can make a criminal referral, depending upon what their investigation yields. Before you respond to any official inquiries, whether it be from CPS or the local police department, immediately contact a criminal defense attorney.

The Law Office of Kevin T. Conway is a Spring Valley criminal defense firm that handles DUI, DWI, traffic violations, violent crimes, sex crimes, illegal gun possession, shoplifting, and juvenile crimes. If you need an effective Rockland County criminal lawyer, contact our Spring Valley office for a free consultation.  

Our Recent Blogs
Read More Blogs
Website Designed & Managed by