There are very few moments more pivotal in your life than facing a criminal matter. You need to pick the right attorney to represent your best interests, which is why you must do the research and work to ensure your attorney is the best one for your situation. Please continue reading and give our experienced Rockland County criminal defense attorney a call if you believe we are the right firm for you.
- Does the attorney specialize in criminal law? This is the first, and perhaps most important aspect of selecting an attorney to handle your criminal matter. When you visit your attorney’s website, he/she should predominantly practice criminal law. Attorney Conway represents clients through a wide range of criminal matters, particularly DWI cases, drug possession cases, traffic violations, and more.
- How knowledgeable is your attorney? When you meet with your attorney for an initial consultation, he or she should be able to answer each of your questions immediately and off the top of their head. Your questions should also be answered in a straightforward, easy to understand way. When you leave your initial meeting with your criminal defense attorney, you should feel better, and more at ease, than when you arrived.
- Does the attorney have good reviews? Nowadays, people review everything from restaurants, to barber shops, to attorneys online. If you are someone who is considering hiring an attorney to represent your best interests, check to see what others are saying about that attorney online. Our firm has been reviewed by over 60 people on Google and we maintain a nearly 5-star overall rating.
- Is your attorney familiar with the local court system? Of course, the law is the law. That being said, different courtrooms in different towns function differently, and not all judges are the same. That is why it is always best to hire an attorney who has experience working in these courtrooms and with their judges. Attorney Conway regularly serves clients in Ramapo, Clarkstown, Haverstraw, Orangetown, and Stony Point.
- Is your attorney responsive, and are you comfortable with him/her? Of course, knowledge of the law and how to dominate a courtroom is perhaps the most important aspect of what makes a criminal defense attorney great. However, you should also feel comfortable with your attorney on a personal level, and you should have a sense that your attorney will work extremely hard when it comes to representing your best interests. Therefore, your attorney, overall, should be knowledgeable, confident, personable, and trustworthy. Attorney Conway is all of those things, and from the moment you sit down with our firm, you will feel the same.
Contact our experienced Rockland County firm
Kevin T. Conway has over 30 years of experience as a Spring Valley criminal attorney handling DUI, DWI, traffic violations, violent crimes, sex crimes, illegal gun possession, shoplifting, and juvenile crimes. Attorney Conway is also experienced in commercial law matters, zoning law, and estate planning. If you need a Rockland County criminal lawyer, contact our Spring Valley office for a free consultation.