Do I Have to Appear in a Rockland County Court for a Speeding Ticket?

  • Generally speaking, in New York State, if you’re charged with a speeding ticket, you have to personally appear to answer the summons.
  • However, many courts will permit a criminal defense attorney to have the client execute a wavering authorization if they reside out of state, have an inability to appear, or if he or she attends college out of state.
  • In-state, the client can execute a wavering authorization to allow the criminal defense attorney to negotiate and resolve the case without them physically having to be present.