CPS Has Called. What Should I Do?

  • Before you respond to a CPS or a police inquiry, it’s very important that you contact a criminal attorney immediately.
  • Whether or not you committed an offense, the information can be misinterpreted or misunderstood and treated as an admission of guilt.
  • Similar to a police officer that can charge you, CPS can make a criminal referral, depending upon what their investigation yields.
  • Before you respond to any official inquiries, whether it be from CPS or the local police department, immediately contact a criminal defense attorney.